Thursday, October 4

Poem

Between the old oak tree and large grey rock,
Through trodden fields that glistened with spring's dew,
there is a place within my weathered soul,
of old memories being close to you.

As the sun melted yellow down the sky,
Between old branches gentle soft winds blew,
and there you sat close to me through the night
heads resting together as darkness grew.

Deep in your eyes was a place of refuge,
Deeper was your soul that would go to any length,
To the depths of your heart to give me strength,
A realization of love that softly sang.

Despite years creeping into tomorrow,
The future springs wept cold rains of sorrow,
As a divide grew between our two souls,
That left shattered emotions full of holes.

I traveled to that place where the hill dips,
my eyes shut, I can feel the brush of your lips,
The air, silent, blows a kiss across my face
as memories of you cause my heart to race.

My eyes open as night has befallen day,
As I sit there longing for some way to say,
I miss your breath and passion and all the while,
I'd walk these fields again for a thousand miles.

No comments: