Wednesday, February 27

Long Time no Talk

It has been a while since I've made a blog entry because I've been so busy with things but I felt this past weekend definitely deserved one. I'm probably going to come across sounding like a Jr. High kid who just went on his first prom date but I'll try to keep it mature.

This weekend I flew to Colorado to meet my best friend Lynnea. I've known Lynnea for about six years and have only met her once before while in Vegas. I can honestly say that throughout the years, I've always felt a bond with her that is indescibable. I know what you're thinking - "How can you really feel a bond for someone like that when you live so far from her?"

Well, part of it stems from the fact that we've had more phone conversations, online chats and skype sessions than I can count. That allowed us to get to know each other on the inside and become very close friends. There is something very genuine and pure about Lynnea. I've known a lot of women in my life but none as compassionate, spiritual, intelligent and charismatic.

Nervous is a bit too strong of a word to use when descibing my emotional state before she picked me up at Denver International Airport, but any nervousness that I had felt quickly vanished within 10 minutes. I realized at that moment that I was with the same girl I had grown to love and respect after so many years and that we had so much in common.

I won't go into any details about the weekend, but I can say that it was definitely one of the most enjoyable and special weekends of my life. It feels so amazing to meet and be with someone that you love (and they you) unconditionally. I've been on too many "dates" where I or the other person seemed to put up walls, false impressions or just spent more time worrying about what to say than just saying it. I felt none of that with her -- in fact, I felt more calm and comfortable around her than I usually do in general. We went out together and had quite a few "interesting" experiences (like a guy coming up to our table while we had dinner to ask for her number!).

I can't articulate the emotions and feelings into words but suffice it to say that she is an extremely special person and I hope that we always have each other in our lives.

To put it simply, it feels so wonderful to just walk gently yet confidently in love rather than run anxiously and confused through endless unknowns. In other words, when you are with someone and you feel you've been married to them for 20 years, it probably speaks volumes about just how special of a relationship you share with them and how important it is to respect and honor that bond.

I know I will.

/not spell-checking this one tonight

No comments: