Tuesday, July 3

A Feral Heart

Noteworthy advice I've discovered:

Never say to a woman in drunkeness things you wouldn't say sober.

Silence is not a very good form of communication.

Running away from problems only makes the eventual confrontation that much more painful. Run towards your problems -- once they realize you're insane they'll quickly turn into solutions.

Things said in jest come from elements of truth.

There is one underlying cosmic principle that most seem to forget. The present -- the current experience. Everything behind is irrelevent and everything in front is infinite, the only thing we should concentrate on embracing is the moment we're in -- the here and now.

Life is about dealing with highs and lows. Just remember that some people's highs are lower than other people's lows. Likewise, some people's lows are higher than other people's highs. So if you find yourself really high, pass it to the left.

If God wanted the world to know he existed, he would have created one.

Don't randomly mix chemicals in Chem 413 hoping you accidently stumble on that "green gooey glowing" mixture. Don't urinate on electric fences. Don't try and steal copper from a live transformer. Don't piss women off.

Do not spend time in regrets wishing you could go back and change things but learn to never repeat past mistakes in your future.

Love is the most beautiful thing in life worth divorcing for.

Ultimately, all the work and money in the world will never buy you the things that fill your soul with the most happiness -- like a sincere kiss.

Life can be brutal but treating it as a learning experience and not as a performance evaluation softens the blow.

My eulogy will be short. "He was the type of guy who would dance on mountain tops holding a 20 foot metal pole screaming at God while a storm quickly approached. Here lies his response."

I run from the back of an airplane to the front because I want to fly faster than everyone else.

A belief in love requires a belief in yourself. How can one begin to love another if they don't believe they are worthy of love?

Everything you do in life brings you closer to one of two people. Who you want to be or who others want you to become.

If your life becomes a jumbled mess, draw a line in time and tell yourself this is who I was and this is who I will be and keep on the right side of the line.

Don't fear death. Dead people don't pay bills, break-up or divorce, go to work each day or experience anxiety. The real travesty is fearing life.

Nobody can see you cry in the rain.

The next time you have to put up with airport security checkpoint, slip a fake grenade in the guy's luggage behind you and have your camera ready once you get through.

What good would going back in time to fix a mistake be since you would only make it again.

What good is wanting to know the future since such knowledge would only imprison you in the present.

An hour ago I was anxiously thinking of the hour ahead. Now I'm wondering why I bothered to get myself all worked up since both are now past.

A physics friend once told me that quantum theory allowed for trillions of alternate worlds where anything is possible. If this is true, every time I lose I just remind myself that I won in some other world. I can prove via quantum statistics that I have indeed had sex with every beautiful woman in the world. Unfortunately, if the theory holds, I've done some other things that we shouldn't talk about.