Monday, July 16

Going up to New York City this Weekend

There is a FARK.COM party in NYC this weekend, so I'm going to head up there and party with them and then find a nice, comfortable park bench in Central Park and take a nap until the trains start back up in the morning. I know it sounds ghetto, but I need a nice break from routine -- and what better way than to travel, sleep on a park bench and wake up a few hours later so you can watch the sun rise while reflecting on one's life.

Perhaps I'll take my Ipod with me and put on Pink Floyd's "The Wall" while looking out across Central Park. I don't really care about criminals, homeless people, misfits or pick-pocketers (is that a word?). They can steal my I-pod if they want, since I need to get a new one anyway.

What I really want to do is break away from normalcy for a little while and live life on the edge. My best friend and I have always talked about sleeping out on the streets for a weekend just to understand what it is like to be homeless, but the psychological effect is never quite the same. Why? Because you know after all is said and done, you have a home to return to. However, I rather enjoy risk. I love riding the subway when some freak is on it. I love the adrenaline rush of wondering if someone is going to start shit with people and perhaps even with me.

I don't think I have a passive disregard for my own safety, but living the corporate life has left me all but soulless and devoid of compassion. Three years ago I was going on dates constantly, getting laid by hot women and generally felt excited about the world. I felt a sense of happiness that is now lacking in my life. That sense of happiness was consumed and digested by routine -- by the monotony of corporate life.

I'd like to break away from that. Yes, I'll move -- perhap to Denver, CO. or California, depending on which place I end up getting a nice job. I love Colorado because it is beautiful and smack dab in the center of the country (more or less). I want to get back into traveling and doing exciting things.

I just can't take the same monotonous, boring, drudgery that corporate life brings. I'm all but dead inside because of it -- yet there is a flame deep within that wants to reignite.

Fuck it -- time for some changes.

No comments: