Wednesday, August 22

Evil Beyond Recognition

I just have to comment on just how absolutely soulless and immensely evil some of these barbarians are within Iraq. I read this article on CNN recently:

http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/meast/08/22/iraq.boy/index.html

They basically grabbed a five year old kid and doused him with fuel and set him on fire. He is disfigured for life.

On a more fundamental level, I have a hard time understanding how anyone could do this. This goes beyond robbing a bank to get money because someone is greedy or needs a fix. This goes well beyond anything that serves some sort of egotistical purpose at the expense of another. This is pure hatred and evil simmering in the heart of some individual.

It pisses me off to no end when I see his picture. A part of me wants to obliterate the entire region and start fresh but that would put me in the same category as the attackers. Try as I might to wrap my mind around such evil, I can not comprehend it. I can not understand it. I can only accept that humanity is capable of the most horrendous acts. It scares the shit out of me to think that there are people in this world who could do this. It makes me re-evaluate how G-d might view humanity as a whole.

One can ask forgiveness for their own shortcomings and sins, but shit like this makes me want to fall on my knees and ask for forgiveness for the whole of humanity. We're all in this together and shit like this just begs for an explanation but completely lacks one. It is hallow and empty. It is absolutely sickening and scary.

So very sad.



God, please forgive humanity for falling so very far from your grace. It would take infinite compassion to even begin to forgive such acts. I often wonder if there is any scale capable of measuring the amount of love that would be needed to offset such incredible evil. There are good people and there are those who would give everything to a stranger in need because, deep down, they do understand the nature of love and the sense of community within humanity. But this? This is not the work of a man, but of a machine without remorse or spiritual comprehension of his actions. I just need to understand but, in the end, I must accept that in this world -- in this life -- total understanding is beyond my grasp.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I would like to give my heartfelt thanks for speaking to God on humanity's behalf. Myself (and the other six billion people) certainly didn't ask you to communicate with our creator, but we're glad you have arrogance to do so. Way to pick up Jesus' slack.

Keep up the good work.