Sunday, February 25

Funny Story

My best friend Aaron called me and asked, "Kramer, I'm replacing this device on my hot water heater. I have a box with a red and black wire coming out of it and the water heater has a white and a gray wire -- what do I do?"

"Well, how was the old box hooked up?"

"I don't know, I didn't bother to look at it when I disconnected it."

Typical Aaron. So, I went online and googled how to hook up the four different wires but I couldn't really find anything authoritative enough to give me that warm fuzzy feeling that I wouldn't cause Aaron to blow up his basement or burn his house down, so I did what any self respecting guy would do.

"Aaron, hook the red wire up to the white wire and the black wire up to the gray wire."

"Are you sure?"

"Absolutely."

"Really?"

"Just do it. Be like Nike."

He said he would call me back in five minutes but it has been 15 minutes now. I wonder what is taking him so long?

No comments: