Monday, February 19

Some Positive coming Soon!

I just finalized my trip to New York City tonight. I was able to get a nice room at the Waldorf-Astoria Hotel on Park Avenue. Fortunately, I'm able to stay there for fairly cheap due to some connections from my past. I've never stayed at the Waldorf-Astoria, but I know a lot about its history -- including the Astor family and of course the death of Mr. John Jacob Astor IV on board the RMS Titanic. I am a huge history lover and have studied a lot of esoteric history throughout my years. Mr. Astor was quite a character and had a fling for those far younger than him -- made evident by his love of Madeleine Astor. The history of the Astors is quite fascinating and I could go into great detail over a cup of coffee someday but I won't bore you with that now! :)

I haven't been to New York City in such a long time, but now would be a great time to catch a few shows and art museums while I am there. I definitely will have to visit MOMA and the MET. I'm not sure if any good Broadway plays are in gear this time of year, but if there is anything worth seeing, I will definitely check them out. I have a deep passion for theatre and musicals -- I LOVE MUSICALS! Nothing is more exciting and exhilarating than catching a decent musical with great actors in the heart of the the Big Apple.

I really miss taking walks in Central Park and sucking in the amazing atmosphere. Naturally, those from New York City are accustomed to the sights and sounds of their own city, but for those who do not live in the city, going there and experiencing the New York City atmosphere is amazing.

Even the train ride up is therapeutic and relaxing. It feels good to sit on the Amtrak train while enjoying some red wine and just relax and feel the subtle bumps and sounds that a train experiences while moving up the Penn line. New York City is endearing and romantic -- it fills my heart with love, passion, excitement and, most of all, PURE ADVENTURE. There is no greater thrill than walking along Manhattan island at night and turning on a random street and discovering a new and exciting Irish Bar -- meeting new people and relishing the New York spirit.

Frank Sinatra sang it best:

Start spreading the news, Im leaving today
I want to be a part of it - new york, new york
These vagabond shoes, are longing to stray
Right through the very heart of it - new york, new york

I wanna wake up in a city, that doesnt sleep
And find Im king of the hill - top of the heap

These little town blues, are melting away
Ill make a brand new start of it - in old new york
If I can make it there, Ill make it anywhere
Its up to you - new york, new york

New york, new york
I want to wake up in a city, that never sleeps
And find Im a number one top of the list, king of the hill
A number one

These little town blues, are melting away
Im gonna make a brand new start of it - in old new york
And if I can make it there, Im gonna make it anywhere

It up to you - new york new york

New york!


Woohoo! :) I feel like a kid again and I love that feeling!!

No comments: