Friday, February 16

A Little bit of This ... A Little bit of That

*sigh* ... It is so amazingly difficult to find a "good woman" these days. Just when you think you've found someone that you could possibly enjoy spending time getting to know, you learn that they're just like most other women who either carry "obsessions" about some other guy or that they don't really seem to want to get to know you better at all. Dating is such a demanding and time-consuming sport. I've met perhaps a few women in my life that truly stand out in the crowd -- unfortunately most of them have required that I move if we ever hoped to develop a more permanent and long-term relationship.

I've always accepted the fact that I could very easily remain unmarried throughout my life. There are a lot of positives to this -- first and foremost is the fact that I could devote my life towards creating a non-profit charity that would help disadvantaged children find skills that would give them greater opportunities within this world. I'd also like to contribute large sums of money towards hearing research since many in my family are afflicted with hearing-loss due to genetic causes. For my age, I make extremely good money. Without children of my own or a wife, I could invest and grow this money and eventually donate millions of dollars towards these goals. I definitely will do this while also allowing myself a little fun along the way -- but then there is this little nagging annoyance of being "alone."

I understand in my heart that giving to the greater good often requires great personal sacrifices from one's heart and soul. I am willing to do this from a passion and commitment that resides deep within my own soul -- but I would be lying if I said that remaining alone for the majority of my life would be perfectly acceptable to me. No, it would hurt me deeply not to be able to share such a deep and passionate love in my heart towards a charming and intelligent woman. I know within my own soul that what I have to offer another woman is very unlike what most other men have to offer. How do I know this? Because I am more passionate than most men. I have a fire burning within me that rages out of control -- it is fed by artistic brilliance, deep intelligence, intense passion and a hot burning desire to love.

I hope deep within that time will allow me to meet another woman capable of understanding my complexity and passion -- but if that never happens, I will at least be able to die a happy person knowing that I have succeeded greatly in the business world and, more importantly, succeeded in giving back to humanity in ways that I always felt was a burning obligation since I was a small child.

Until such a day comes, I will continue to date -- hoping to some day meet a woman that can challenge my convictions and aid in my passion for helping children and the world around us.

J.

No comments: