Monday, February 19

Negative Energy Parking Lot

When I was younger, my best friend and I used to pretend that this one parking lot near a local shopping center had negative energy inside it. Every time we went to the parking lot, we would cuss, fight, yell, scream and become two mean little shits (ahh, the fun teenage years). Perhaps this parking did contain a lot of negative energy. When you think of various places, a parking lot is a good place to leave behind some bad karma -- people are fighting for parking spaces, flipping off other drivers and trying to get in and out of stores as quickly as possible. Then again, perhaps all that fighting and anger was just two teenage dorks generating their own self-fulfulling prophecy.

These past few days, I've done some pretty bad things. I've generated a lot of bad karma and now I'm starting to feel the effects. At the time, I didn't think it was such a big deal -- but then after talking to a rabbi, I realized that I broke one of the "three greatest sins" -- I'm not religious, but that's just fucked up no matter how you look at it.

Today I got some of the windfall from the negative karma I generated. I pissed off some people and now I feel like everyone hates me and that most of my closest friends have dwindled down to just one or two.

I definitely believe in karma and I have a lot of work ahead of me to get rid of the negative karma I've created over the past few days. I never thought I was capable of doing some of the things I've done lately -- when a guy gets to that point, he has to stop, pause his life, and start to put important things back into perspective.

Yes, I really "fucked up."

No comments: